Monday, July 28, 2008

Purple Spuds

On a recent trip to Whole Foods, I came across these purple potatoes. I've only ever seen these in Whole Foods and Wild Oats so I figured, they must be good for me, right? I always feel so much better about eating food from Whole Foods even if its slathered in butter. Hey, its Whole Foods butter! (Shh, don't ruin the illusion.) So I thought, "wouldn't these make the prettiest mashed potatoes?" I have always heard you should have more color on your plates, right? It means you're eating a variety of foods. So, not one to shun good advice on healthy eating, I bought these to "color up my plate." (ahem...the illusion thing again...thanks)

Here they are all cut up and purty....

And aren't they even purtier all mashed up with a nice contrasting yellow tab of butter on top. (Whole Foods butter, its good for you!)
By the way, I made that bowl, from scratch, on a potter's wheel and everything. Homemade purple mashed potatoes in a handmade bowl. Ahh, life is good.

For those of you who are worried, I paired this with grilled chicken breast and a colorful salad. Only problem is, it didn't stay on my plate long enough to get a picture of that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Niiiice. Love your purple mashed potatoes!