Friday, July 25, 2008

Blogging Chicks

I've spent a fair amount of time these past couple of weeks reading blogs and various women's forums and I have gotten a really good sense of female community that I find fascinating. I truly believe that girlfriends (with a select few male friends as well) are designed to hold each other up, listen, be there with a shoulder and sometimes to just plain laugh at life together.

Strangely enough, while the Internet has depersonalized alot of things in the past few years, I believe its also brought people closer together. I have revisited blog pages of people I've found interesting and with some, I feel like I know them. I feel like they're a girlfriend in a way sharing their daily lives with me like a phone call at the end of the day, just to chat.

Its also inspired me to actually look at some things in my life as "blogworthy" instead of as mundane things that I normally don't share with people. The other day I found purple potatoes at Whole Foods and when I made them into purple mash, I thought "Ohh I have to blog about these!" and it made it feel special somehow. That means I'm appreciating life instead of waiting for it to happen. I am appreciating everything and enjoying things in the "now" which is what I have been striving to do.

So thank you to all the bloggers out there who have helped me see that there are some really
cool people in the world and for giving me a new perspective on the ordinary.

No comments: