Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pie

I love pie. Pie is the cure for everything. The main thing I remember about visiting my grandparent's house was the big cherry tree in the back yard and the sour cherry pie bubbling in the oven. I can smell it now. My grandmother was an incredible baker. She couldn't cook much else that was tasty but she could make a mean pie. I'm afraid the apple fell very far from the tree on this one. I can't make a pie crust to save my life and these days who knows what's in the store bought variety. Then I came across this recipe and the step by step pictures and voila! I could make a pie crust!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/12/p-p-p-pie_crust_and_its_p-p-p-perfect/

I love this woman's blog too. She makes living out on a ranch with a cowboy seem so idyllic. Sigh.

No comments: